Thursday, July 19, 2007

If It Doesn't Cost You Your Life, It Isn't A Quest


When I originally began this blog, part of my intent was to document my journey as a martial artist. While I've done some of that, what I've really been doing is sharing my thoughts along with my observations of life and events through a martial artist's lens. I've been enjoying the process of observing, thinking, writing, and sharing. It's fun! I'm going to keep posting, so I hope you'll keep reading!

But, as for my personal journey, my own growth and development, my actual training experiences, and my transformation... lately I've been feeling like I needed something more than a blog. I needed a push, an inspiration, a supreme challenge... Something to get me out of my rut.

I needed a test!

So call me crazy, but I've just signed up to participate in "The Ultimate Black Belt Test" — a grueling yearlong examination that consists of challenges that are designed to create physical, mental, emotional and spiritual breakthroughs. It's going to be quite an adventure!


Follow me on my quest. Train with me, if you'd like. Encourage me. Keep me honest! Wish me luck!

No comments: